Saturday, November 28, 2009

Freestyle Dance and Yoga Workshop Flyer aka symbolic thinking in Guatemala

My wonderful yoga teacher, Rae Ishee and I are going to give our first workshop on December 9th at the Antigua Centre. So I made a colorful flyer, using Matisse's painting 'Dance II', both Rae and I loved it, but when she showed it to a few people they were shocked that she was going to teach a nude yoga and dance class ... I always learn: symbolic thinking is not our strength here in Antigua.

So we ended up using Picasso's 'Dance of Youth' painting:

... So just that you understand: we are going to dance in a circle around a flying blue dove that is carrying a leaf.
All are welcome at the workshop!

1 comment:

  1. haha, i would've thought the same seeing the words freestyle & playful along with that picture....

    loving the blog, Lilla - happy to see that you're manifesting your dream

    ReplyDelete